The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air #1.5) by Holly Black

Synopsis:

 

While Jude fought for power in the Court of Elfhame against the cruel Prince Cardan, her sister Taryn began to fall in love with the trickster, Locke.

Half-apology and half-explanation, it turns out that Taryn has some secrets of her own to reveal.

The Lost Sisters is a companion e-novella to the New York Times bestselling novel The Cruel Prince by master writer Holly Black.





Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟 

 
Holly Black physically manifested in my house and punched me in the face.

So I'd like to make something clear: even though I love knowing the reasons behind Taryn's decisions, I still don't like her as a person or agree with her justifications. The understanding is what really made this novella for me. I adore The Cruel Prince, but I knew I was definitely missing something when it came to Taryn and Locke. This novella cleared up that confusion for me, and will make my next reread of The Cruel Prince a richer experience.

While I think this novella can be disjointed and hard to follow at times, I can appreciate that it tried to smooth some of that for me by recapping parts of the The Cruel Prince. As usual, Black's writing is wonderful. Unfortunately, I think reading this novella is crucial to fully understanding the events of The Cruel Prince, which is a shame since the majority of readers will probably miss out on this novella.

No comments:

Post a Comment